Why would you take your time to come to the CreationJoy.com website? What’s in it for you?
1) Jesus told us to “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and WITH ALL YOUR MIND.” (caps mine) Christianity is not a mind-less “I hope it is true” religion. It is a religion based on historical fact. A supernatural Creation, the historical accounts in Scripture, and the resurrection of Jesus Christ can all be confirmed! Engaging our minds and learning about the scientific support for Creation, for example, will only strengthen our faith in the Word of God.
2) Creation Joy will address common root questions everyone has about life including, “Why am I here?”, “What is my purpose?” and “Is there an afterlife?” These are all related to the Creation message and the early chapters in Genesis.
3) Creation Joy will increase your delight and confidence in the Word of God as you find, once again, that “Every word of God proves true.” (Proverbs 30:5a, NLT) Whether you are investigating scientific principles or fulfilled prophecy, you will find that they confirm precisely what Scripture has said all along.
4) Creation Joy will address key issues in our culture that are impacted by the first few chapters in Genesis and the Creation message. The value of life, “race” relations, and marriage are just a few of the hot button issues that God spoke about “in the beginning”.
5) Creation Joy is an evangelistic tool. Once we understand that we have a Creator who owns everything and who made the rules, we begin to understand that we have broken His rules and are in danger of judgment. What can be done about that? Is there hope? Absolutely. Stay tuned to Creation Joy to hear the best message of all.
I look forward to seeing you again.
Have a blessed day!
Remember that Christianity is an intelligent faith; we don’t have “blind faith”; there are excellent answers available for our questions.
Believing that the Bible is true is a foundational subject for Christians. Let me assure you that there is so much evidence to confirm the accuracy and historicity of the Biblical record, that no one should ever doubt that it is the authoritative revelation from God, true from Genesis to Revelation.
The 66 books of the Bible were written by 40 different men in three languages over a time period of about 1600 years, and yet are unified and harmonious indicating that God was the Ultimate Author. 2 Timothy 3:16 states that “All Scripture is God-breathed . . .” and 2 Peter 1:20, 21 says, “Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation. . . but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”
There are well over 3500 phrases in the Bible indicating a communication from God to man. Writers also claimed that God spoke to them or gave them a vision. Here are just a few examples: Exodus 32:16: “The tablets [of the Ten Commandments] were the work of God; the writing was the writing of God, engraved on the tablets.” Isaiah 8:11: “The Lord spoke to me with his strong hand upon me, warning me. . .” Jeremiah 36:1: “In the fourth year of Jehoiakim son of Josiah king of Judah, this word came to Jeremiah from the Lord.” Romans 3:1&2: “What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew . . . ? Much in every way! First of all, they have been entrusted with the very words of God.” You’ll have to look up the other hundreds of references on your own.
In another article, we’ll discuss what Jesus thought about the Old Testament.
Reference: The Foundations of Christian Doctrine by Kevin J. Conner, Chapter 3
Good morning, friends,
I’ve mentioned “the Creation message” in previous posts. What exactly is that? And how does it apply to us?
Genesis 1:1 states, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” There follows a description of the six days of Creation. God spoke, various parts of creation came into being, and in each case, “God saw that it was good.” The Hebrew in this chapter is written in narrative form, not poetic form. It describes a series of real events.
Isaiah, the prophet, spoke often of God the Creator. “I am the Lord, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself” (Isaiah 44:24). “I form the light and create darkness” (Isaiah 45:7). “It is I who made the earth and created mankind upon it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts”(Isaiah 45:12). “For this is what the Lord says — he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited” (Isaiah 45:18).
The Creation message is simply that it is God, all powerful and all knowing, who intentionally created the universe and everything in it. The Bible is an accurate historical revelation of that event, the “history book of the universe”. Our incredibly fine-tuned universe and complex creation did not come into existence on their own through a series of chance, random processes as the Theory of Evolution postulates. There are many excellent scientific reasons that bring to dust Darwin’s Theory of Evolution and much excellent science that precisely confirms what the Bible has said all along.
What does this mean for us? If there is a Creator, we are accountable to Him. More about that on future posts.
Enjoy His Creation,
As we embark on this journey of looking into the Word of God as well as into science for answers, we must ask ourselves the question: “Is faith opposed to reason?” or “Is the Bible opposed to science?”
Not at all. The joyful answer is “It is faith AND reason!”; It is the Bible AND science!” Faith and reason are not contrary; the Bible and science are not contrary, because Christianity is an intelligent faith. We need both our heart for faith and our mind for reasoning. We need the Bible to understand God’s revelation to us; science and history confirm the truth of God’s Word again and again.
Josh McDowell in his classic book, More Than a Carpenter (page 40), says, “I don’t know about the reader, but my heart can’t rejoice in what my mind has rejected.” We cannot truly have faith in our heart if we are not convinced that what we believe in our mind is true. On the same page, Josh also states that, “Never has an individual been called upon to commit intellectual suicide in trusting Christ as Savior and Lord.”
Josh should know. He set out on a quest to disprove Christianity. However, he found that the person of Jesus Christ, the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the claims of Christianity were historically true. It was all based on evidence! He finally chose to trust in Jesus Christ himself, and that decision powerfully changed his life for good. His testimony is in the final chapter of More Than a Carpenter.
Jesus said in John 8:32 “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” Jesus calls on us to embrace the truth. We need our mind, our reasoning powers for that as well as our heart.
It has been a delight to my heart and my mind to discover that accurate science and history are perfectly in harmony with the truths of Scripture. Join me as we continue this journey.